20 Must-Read Books We Missed Last Year
BY Clea Kim and Diane Anderson-Minshall
May 13 2013 4:00 AM ET
Irresistible Revolution: Confronting Race, Class and the Assumptions of LGBT Politics by Urvashi Vaid (Magnus Books, $21.95)
One of the most influential social justice activists in the U.S., Vaid — who lives in New York with her partner, humorist Kate Clinton, and is battling cancer right now — has one of today's brightest lesbian minds. Her treatise looks at the strategic pitfalls of LGBT politics, leaders, and organizations that rely on a narrow framework of equality. As more people focus on quick successes, Vaid also argues for seeing beyond the short term for long-term gains.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin January 6