20 Must-Read Books We Missed Last Year
BY Clea Kim and Diane Anderson-Minshall
May 13 2013 5:00 AM ET
Rest for the Wicked by Ellen Hart (Minotaur Books, $25.99)
Lambda and Minnesota Book Award–winning author Ellen Hart, a top author in the gay mystery genre, is out with a new novel featuring Jane Lawless, a character who has appeared in Hart’s 19 other mysteries. DeAndre Moore came to Minneapolis with a purpose, but his situation takes a turn for the worst. He calls his uncle Nolan’s business partner and private investigator Jane Lawless for help. By the time Jane listens to his voice mail, DeAndre has been knifed to death outside a gentlemen’s club minutes earlier. And soon he isn’t the only one murdered. Jane sets out to find out who killed DeAndre and how his death is connected with the others. If you have read Hart’s novels before, this will be another interesting and suspenseful addition to your collection.
- One of the Original X-Men Comes Out as Gay (Spoilers)
- More of You Could Be Fired for Getting Married
- Speak Now: Prop. 8 Decision Will Pave Way for National Marriage Victory
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- WATCH: Bruce LaBruce at MoMA