20 Must-Read Books We Missed Last Year
BY Clea Kim and Diane Anderson-Minshall
May 13 2013 5:00 AM ET
The Disenchantments by Nina LaCour (Dutton Books, $16.99)
San Francisco native author Nina LaCour, who is married to photographer Kristyn Stroble, tells the story of best friends Colby and Bev. The two have a long-standing pact to graduate and travel across Europe with Bev’s band, the Disenchantments. But once the band starts the tour, Bev breaks their pact and goes to college. But Colby still goes on tour with the Disenchantments, struggling to deal with his feelings and separation from Bev. This coming-of-age book will enchant all readers with its colorful language and themes of music, art, and love.
- Iowa Couple Plans 1,000 Antigay Billboards
- Texas Gay Man, 32, Dies in Custody After Being Denied Medication
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- 10 Tips on Growing Older for LGBT People Under 40
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers