20 Must-Read Books We Missed Last Year
BY Clea Kim and Diane Anderson-Minshall
May 13 2013 5:00 AM ET
The Disenchantments by Nina LaCour (Dutton Books, $16.99)
San Francisco native author Nina LaCour, who is married to photographer Kristyn Stroble, tells the story of best friends Colby and Bev. The two have a long-standing pact to graduate and travel across Europe with Bev’s band, the Disenchantments. But once the band starts the tour, Bev breaks their pact and goes to college. But Colby still goes on tour with the Disenchantments, struggling to deal with his feelings and separation from Bev. This coming-of-age book will enchant all readers with its colorful language and themes of music, art, and love.
- More Events Cancel Over Gay Hotel Owner's Ted Cruz Dinner Party
- Op-ed: Drag Race's Prison-Themed Challenge Raised Uncomfortable Questions
- Another Event Moves; Gay Hotel Owners Apologize for Ted Cruz Dinner Party
- #TBT: Breaking the Gay Code in the Movies
- Check Out The Enormous Support for Bruce Jenner from Celebs on Twitter
- Bruce Jenner: 'I'm A Woman'