Heath Ledger one of many to play Alexander the Great
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 23 2002 12:00 AM ET
Heath Ledger will play conqueror Alexander the Great--considered by many historians to have been a homosexual--in Oliver Stone's Alexander, according to Variety. Stone's project is just one of a crowded field, however: Mel Gibson is developing a miniseries on Alexander for HBO, Martin Scorsese and Leonardo DiCaprio are collaborating on a separate project, and producer Dino De Laurentiis is in the script phase for yet another one, based on Italian histories, that he hopes Ridley Scott will direct.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Freddy Krave Is His Own Best Model
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View