Heath Ledger one of many to play Alexander the Great
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 23 2002 1:00 AM ET
Heath Ledger will play conqueror Alexander the Great--considered by many historians to have been a homosexual--in Oliver Stone's Alexander, according to Variety. Stone's project is just one of a crowded field, however: Mel Gibson is developing a miniseries on Alexander for HBO, Martin Scorsese and Leonardo DiCaprio are collaborating on a separate project, and producer Dino De Laurentiis is in the script phase for yet another one, based on Italian histories, that he hopes Ridley Scott will direct.
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- Arrow and The Flash Stars: It's Time for a Gay Superhero on TV
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'
- WATCH: Seth Meyers Takes Down Indiana's New Antigay Legislation
- Indiana Newspaper Sends Big Message
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word