Heath Ledger one of many to play Alexander the Great
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 23 2002 1:00 AM ET
Heath Ledger will play conqueror Alexander the Great--considered by many historians to have been a homosexual--in Oliver Stone's Alexander, according to Variety. Stone's project is just one of a crowded field, however: Mel Gibson is developing a miniseries on Alexander for HBO, Martin Scorsese and Leonardo DiCaprio are collaborating on a separate project, and producer Dino De Laurentiis is in the script phase for yet another one, based on Italian histories, that he hopes Ridley Scott will direct.
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- RuPaul's Drag Race's Max: I Made a 'Grave Mistake'
- World Goes Bonkers On Antigay Michigan Repairman
- WATCH: Gay Dream Team of Michael Urie, Randy Harrison in Such Good People
- Op-ed: Leelah Alcorn 'Ciswashed' by the Media, White House
- Michigan Trans Teen Skater's Suicide Rocks Roller Derby Community