Heath Ledger one of many to play Alexander the Great
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 23 2002 1:00 AM ET
Heath Ledger will play conqueror Alexander the Great--considered by many historians to have been a homosexual--in Oliver Stone's Alexander, according to Variety. Stone's project is just one of a crowded field, however: Mel Gibson is developing a miniseries on Alexander for HBO, Martin Scorsese and Leonardo DiCaprio are collaborating on a separate project, and producer Dino De Laurentiis is in the script phase for yet another one, based on Italian histories, that he hopes Ridley Scott will direct.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- GLAAD Issues Record Number of 'Excellent' Ratings for TV Networks
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- The New 'Republicans Are People Too' Twitter Campaign Is An Epic Fail
- Outrage After Major Minn. Paper Sells Transphobic Coalition Full-Page Ad