Heath Ledger one of many to play Alexander the Great
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 23 2002 1:00 AM ET
Heath Ledger will play conqueror Alexander the Great--considered by many historians to have been a homosexual--in Oliver Stone's Alexander, according to Variety. Stone's project is just one of a crowded field, however: Mel Gibson is developing a miniseries on Alexander for HBO, Martin Scorsese and Leonardo DiCaprio are collaborating on a separate project, and producer Dino De Laurentiis is in the script phase for yet another one, based on Italian histories, that he hopes Ridley Scott will direct.
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- Alabama's Antigay Chief Justice Scolds Ruth Bader Ginsburg on 'Judicial Ethics'
- #TBT: Selling the Male Body
- North Carolina Governor to Veto Antigay Measure
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- Poised for Perfection: Sgt. Shane Ortega Puts a Face to the Transgender Military Ban