CBS to produce J. Edgar Hoover TV movie
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 27 2002 12:00 AM ET
Syndicated columnist Romeo San Vicente reports that filmmakers and brothers Tony and Ridley Scott (the directors behind The Hunger and Thelma and Louise, respectively) are making a three-hour movie for CBS based on Curt Gentry's J. Edgar Hoover: The Man and the Secrets. Both the network and the producers say they want the film to explore all aspects of Hoover's life--no word yet as to whether his longtime relationship with Clyde Tolson, or purported penchant for cross-dressing, will be included.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Op-ed: How Transparent Tried and Failed to Represent Trans Men
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: In Pat Robertson's Latest Diatribe, Gays Are 'Terrorists'
- In Their Own Words: Men of Color Explain Why They Take PrEP
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers