CBS to produce J. Edgar Hoover TV movie
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 27 2002 12:00 AM ET
Syndicated columnist Romeo San Vicente reports that filmmakers and brothers Tony and Ridley Scott (the directors behind The Hunger and Thelma and Louise, respectively) are making a three-hour movie for CBS based on Curt Gentry's J. Edgar Hoover: The Man and the Secrets. Both the network and the producers say they want the film to explore all aspects of Hoover's life--no word yet as to whether his longtime relationship with Clyde Tolson, or purported penchant for cross-dressing, will be included.
- WATCH: Gay Couple Assaulted at Dallas BBQ in Chelsea
- Drag Race's Trixie Mattel: 'I Actually Thought I Would Win'
- WATCH: Jon Stewart's Mic-Drop on Antigay GOP's 'Slim Chances' at White House
- Meet the Same-Sex Couple Who Made Dodger Stadium Swoon
- WATCH: Nebraska Woman Is Suing All 'Homosexuals' on Behalf of God
- WATCH: Janet Mock Gives Oprah 'Ah-Ha' Moments About Gender