BY Jeremy Kinser
January 27 2012 4:30 PM ET
10. BOOK: Nixon’s Darkest Secrets
Did disgraced former president Richard M. Nixon have a secret gay affair? It’s a visual image you probably don’t want in your head, but with this already controversial biography (Thomas Dunne Books, $25.99), writer Don Fulsom delves into the life of “Tricky Dick” and speculates on the nature of the relationship between the 37th president of the United States and his best friend, Charles “Bebe” Rebozo.
9. DVD: Limelight
Get a wicked contact high from Billy Corben’s fascinating documentary, which is now available on DVD, about the rise and fall of nightlife king Peter Gatien, owner of legendary gay-inclusive Manhattan hot spots like Limelight, Tunnel, and Palladium — until Mayor Giuliani’s mid-’90s drug crackdowns led to Gatien’s deportation. The film includes interviews with famous club scene denizens and key informants in Gatien’s trial.
8. TV: Spartacus: Vengeance
Yes, we like movies and TV shows about gladiators, especially when they’re laced with liberal amounts of nudity and explicit sex. In this highly anticipated third season, which premieres on Starz tonight, that picks up where Spartacus: Blood and Sand left off, Liam McIntyre has replaced the late Andy Whitfield as the rebellious title character, but Lucy Lawless returns as Lucretia, who has survived the bloody gladiator revolt.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Film New Man Of Steel and Wolverine Trailers Debut 1 hour 8 min ago
- Travel Top 10 Ways to Score and Upgrade on Your Next Flight 1 hour 44 min ago
- Travel A Perfect Day in Rio 2 hours 12 min ago
- Marriage Equality Recalls of Pro-Marriage Equality Lawmakers Quashed in Minnesota 5:30 AM
- Commentary Op-ed: My Life as a Gay Boy Scout 4:34 AM
- Current Issue A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World 4:00 AM
- Current Issue A Home of Our Own 4:00 AM