Hot Sheet: The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Weekend
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 10 2013 4:44 PM ET
1. FILM: Machete Kills
In Machete Kills, the latest installment of the grindhouse-inspired film franchise directed by Robert Rodriguez, Danny Trejo reprises his role as the Mexican spy and revenge-fueled killer Machete, who is commissioned by the U.S. president (Charlie Sheen) to thwart the plans of criminal mastermind and arms dealer Luther Voz (Mel Gibson) in his quest for world domination. If the male casting isn’t wild enough to tickle your fancy, look forward to six other great reasons to see Machete Kills — Michelle Rodriguez, Amber Heard, Sofia Vergara, Jessica Alba, Alexa Vega, and Lady Gaga. The film marks the theatrical debut for Gaga, whose recent lyric video for the single “Aura” features action-packed scenes from the movie and showcases the ladies packing more heat than the gentlemen. Machete Kills opens in theaters today. — Daniel Reynolds
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Facebook Apologizes for 'Real Name' Policy
- The New 'Republicans Are People Too' Twitter Campaign Is An Epic Fail
- #TBT: Greetings, Gents
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- Op-ed: Think Before You Tweet 'Homophobe'