The Top 15 Gay(ish) Blogs
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 08 2009 12:00 AM ET
Signorile.com: Michelangelo Signorile, a founding editor of the controversial, now-defunct magazine OutWeek and a current Advocate contributor, offers his always-intriguing take on the state of gay rights and other political and cultural topics. You can also view clips of his television appearances -- such as a debate with conservative pundit Laura Ingraham -- and get a free three-day pass to listen online to his eponymous radio show, which airs daily on Sirius XM's OutQ.
TowleRoad.com: The five-year-old blog run by former Genre editor Andy Towle is a respectable mishmash of gay news, hot boys (footballer Cristiano Ronaldo and Heroes star Milo Ventimiglia are favorites), and esoteric subjects like space travel or skyscraper architecture. With the site's distinctive black background, eye-catching photos, and nonsnarky text, Towle has captured a lot of readers. The fact that he often presents his subjects with little opinion and allows his commenters to make their own judgments has helped his site stand out among LGBT blogs.
WorldofWonder.net: No topic is sacred at the blog on the site of TV and film production company World of Wonder ( The Eyes of Tammy Faye,RuPaul's Drag Race,101 Rent Boys ). Its bloggers consider each of these surreal topics equally newsworthy: candid shots of thousand-year old L.A. icon Angelyne at the gas station, clips of manscaping ads from Gillette, misspelled celebrity tattoos, the Japanese video artist obsession with gay porn star Billy Herrington -- and we love them for that. Looking for the weirdest and wildest clips to post to your Facebook page? Start here.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Bible-Quoting Man Shoots Couple With BB Gun Outside Minneapolis Gay Bar
- Modern Family Director Live-Tweets a Plane Passenger's Drunken Meltdown
- Outrage After Major Minn. Paper Sells Transphobic Coalition Full-Page Ad