Four LGBT Projects You Could Give Money To This Month
BY David Artavia
August 06 2013 12:15 PM ET
FILM: Trans Person: A Story of Living Transgender in the USSR
In a poignant and vulnerable portrait of what it's like to be transgender, Trans Person uses experimental filmmaking innovations while telling the story of Olga, a Latvian transgender woman who was living openly during the times her country was under Soviet occupation.
In a unique structure of storytelling, the film begins by Olga telling her life story to her only friends: her guinea pigs. Yet as the plot moves forward we begin to see, through actors and archival footage, the real struggles that transgender men and women face every day in Eastern Europe.
Directed by Latvian filmmaker Una Celma, the film will also be comprised of Latvian actors and will be subtitled in English.
To donate, check out their Indiegogo campaign.
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- Bryan Cranston: 'End This Silliness' of Opposing Marriage Equality
- World Goes Bonkers On Antigay Michigan Repairman
- Michigan Trans Teen Skater's Suicide Rocks Roller Derby Community
- Op-ed: Leelah Alcorn 'Ciswashed' by the Media, White House