Four LGBT Projects You Could Give Money To This Month
BY David Artavia
August 06 2013 11:15 AM ET
FILM: Trans Person: A Story of Living Transgender in the USSR
In a poignant and vulnerable portrait of what it's like to be transgender, Trans Person uses experimental filmmaking innovations while telling the story of Olga, a Latvian transgender woman who was living openly during the times her country was under Soviet occupation.
In a unique structure of storytelling, the film begins by Olga telling her life story to her only friends: her guinea pigs. Yet as the plot moves forward we begin to see, through actors and archival footage, the real struggles that transgender men and women face every day in Eastern Europe.
Directed by Latvian filmmaker Una Celma, the film will also be comprised of Latvian actors and will be subtitled in English.
To donate, check out their Indiegogo campaign.
- Artist Spotlight: Boots Bryant
- 6 Bad Signs of a Good Relationship
- Transgender Pioneer and Stone Butch Blues Author Leslie Feinberg Has Died
- 90,000-Plus and Counting: Petition to Cancel Duggars' Show Gains Momentum
- Country Singer Billy Gilman Comes Out as Gay
- Hot Sheet: If That Mockingjay Don't Sing...