Four LGBT Projects You Could Give Money To This Month
BY David Artavia
August 06 2013 11:15 AM ET
FILM: Trans Person: A Story of Living Transgender in the USSR
In a poignant and vulnerable portrait of what it's like to be transgender, Trans Person uses experimental filmmaking innovations while telling the story of Olga, a Latvian transgender woman who was living openly during the times her country was under Soviet occupation.
In a unique structure of storytelling, the film begins by Olga telling her life story to her only friends: her guinea pigs. Yet as the plot moves forward we begin to see, through actors and archival footage, the real struggles that transgender men and women face every day in Eastern Europe.
Directed by Latvian filmmaker Una Celma, the film will also be comprised of Latvian actors and will be subtitled in English.
To donate, check out their Indiegogo campaign.
- Women Op-ed: Remembering Mandela 2 min 33 sec ago
- Marriage Equality Illinois Family Institute Compares Marriage Equality to Junk Food 45 min 18 sec ago
- Year in Review 11 Great New Tech Gifts UPDATED: 45 min 49 sec ago
- People Lady Gaga Urges Boycott of Sochi Olympics 1 hour 6 min ago
- World News Two Gay Men Now Lead Luxembourg 1 hour 21 min ago
- World News Elton John's Weekend Concerts in Russia to Proceed 2 hours 6 min ago
- Entertainment News WATCH: Leslie Jordan 'Go Bold' With Models to Crash Super Bowl 10:42 AM