Often Imitated, Never Duplicated
BY Clay Cane
May 21 2009 12:00 AM ET
I'm not sure how true this is, but I heard that you said
on the radio you had a same-sex experience?
Umm... yes. [
You were obviously very close to the late, great Rick James.
What do you think of the Dave Chappelle skits on him?
It was very funny -- Rick loved it. So, if he loved
it, I love it. The statement that was made was not what Rick
said, it was never "I'm Rick James B." Rick used to
always say, "I'm Rick MF James!" That's what
he would say. So the whole "Rick James B" thing was a
made-up Dave Chappelle thing.
When you get to heaven, what is the DJ playing?
I'm sure it's Aretha Franklin. I'm sure it's
something off the
album. Probably, Aretha Franklin "Wholy Holy." I hope
when Rick James went to heaven they played Aretha Franklin
"Wholy Holy" too. He loved her as much as I did. I have a
lot of beautiful moments riding around with him in his Rolls,
me and him just playing Aretha all day.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Facebook Apologizes for 'Real Name' Policy
- Everything You Need to Know So Far About Marriage Equality in Utah
- The New 'Republicans Are People Too' Twitter Campaign Is An Epic Fail
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'