Often Imitated, Never Duplicated
BY Clay Cane
May 21 2009 12:00 AM ET
I'm not sure how true this is, but I heard that you said
on the radio you had a same-sex experience?
Umm... yes. [
You were obviously very close to the late, great Rick James.
What do you think of the Dave Chappelle skits on him?
It was very funny -- Rick loved it. So, if he loved
it, I love it. The statement that was made was not what Rick
said, it was never "I'm Rick James B." Rick used to
always say, "I'm Rick MF James!" That's what
he would say. So the whole "Rick James B" thing was a
made-up Dave Chappelle thing.
When you get to heaven, what is the DJ playing?
I'm sure it's Aretha Franklin. I'm sure it's
something off the
album. Probably, Aretha Franklin "Wholy Holy." I hope
when Rick James went to heaven they played Aretha Franklin
"Wholy Holy" too. He loved her as much as I did. I have a
lot of beautiful moments riding around with him in his Rolls,
me and him just playing Aretha all day.
- Pastor: Homosexuals Bully Straights
- Study: Same-Sex Couples Suffer Discrimination in Rental Market
- Dallas Councilwoman Objects to "Homosexual Conduct" in HIV Testing Billboard
- Op-ed: Flying While Trans
- Advocate.com | Gay News | The Advocate | The World's Leading Source for LGBT News and Entertainment
- PHOTOS: Pride From France to Italy to Greece
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Women Where the Girls Are in West Hollywood 51 min 42 sec ago
- The Wedding Channel EXCLUSIVE: Kim Stolz & Lexi Ritsch Wedding Photos 1 hour 15 min ago
- The Wedding Channel PHOTOS: A Mass Wedding First in Maryland 2 hours 36 min ago
- Entertainment News How To Take Down An Anti-Gay 'Victim' 2 hours 54 min ago
- Arts & Entertainment PHOTOS: Perez Hilton Vs. Inflatable Alligator 6:00 PM
- Entertainment News One Direction: Caught Twerking—and in Calvins 5:44 PM
- Entertainment News Need to Know: Alabama’s All-Male Cheerleading Squad 5:33 PM