Often Imitated, Never Duplicated
BY Clay Cane
May 21 2009 12:00 AM ET
I'm not sure how true this is, but I heard that you said
on the radio you had a same-sex experience?
Umm... yes. [
You were obviously very close to the late, great Rick James.
What do you think of the Dave Chappelle skits on him?
It was very funny -- Rick loved it. So, if he loved
it, I love it. The statement that was made was not what Rick
said, it was never "I'm Rick James B." Rick used to
always say, "I'm Rick MF James!" That's what
he would say. So the whole "Rick James B" thing was a
made-up Dave Chappelle thing.
When you get to heaven, what is the DJ playing?
I'm sure it's Aretha Franklin. I'm sure it's
something off the
album. Probably, Aretha Franklin "Wholy Holy." I hope
when Rick James went to heaven they played Aretha Franklin
"Wholy Holy" too. He loved her as much as I did. I have a
lot of beautiful moments riding around with him in his Rolls,
me and him just playing Aretha all day.
- Film Why Television Is Outpacing Film in Diversity 2 hours 28 min ago
- Current Issue A Letter to My Partners 6:01 AM
- Current Issue Number Crunch: A Church in Crisis 5:00 AM
- Current Issue The A-List Interview: Chris O'Dowd 4:00 AM
- Politics South Carolina Legislators Vote to Cut University Funding for Assigning LGBT Books March 09 2014 4:46 PM
- Politics WATCH: One Gay Man's Touching Plea for Equality in Utah March 09 2014 3:09 PM
- Religion Uncomfortable: Timothy Dolan Versus Pope on Civil Unions March 09 2014 3:04 PM