BY Brandon Voss
March 11 2010 2:05 PM ET
In a perfect world, would you like Kim to be your girlfriend?
I don’t think that perfect world exists. I like her a lot, but the
reality of the situation is that she has two kids, she lives in Atlanta ...
I don’t know how Kim feels — maybe it’s confusing for her — but she’s
with her longtime love, Big Poppa. I don’t know. We do have a
connection, so you’d have to ask her about that. Now she’s getting ready
to film again, so moving forward I don’t really even know if our
friendship will continue. I don’t know where any of this is going.
she make a good lesbian girlfriend?
I’m not really sure. When I
meet people who are straight, I’m very respectful. I would never come on
to a straight person. If you tell me you’re straight, that is what it
is, so it wasn’t a thought in my mind.
Whether it’s healthy or not, lots of gay men are attracted to straight guys. Is it not the same with you and straight women?
It’s very different for me. I connect with people on a more emotional level first, and that happens very rarely. I’m not the type of person who looks at a girl and goes, “Oh, my God, she’s beautiful and I want to go home with her tonight.” I’ve never been that person. I did connect with Kim on an emotional level, but I’ve always been very respectful of her sexuality.
You’ve done many high-profile remixes for Madonna — most recently of “Revolver” — so have you ever heard rumors that you were dating her?
Oh, yeah, it happened with Madonna, it happened with Ingrid Casares — I was supposedly sleeping with both of them — and this was years ago when I DJ'ed Madonna’s wedding in Scotland. I’m an openly gay woman, so that happens anytime I connect with a straight woman. It’s just never happened on this level before, but I guess the connection between me and Kim is different — or maybe it’s because the media’s so different now with the Internet and blogging. It was only in newspapers back then. But I don’t know where they get this stuff.
Would Madonna make a good girlfriend?
Oh, Madonna could have me any day! [Laughs] I’m a DJ too, so she can dump her DJ for me and then there’d be another Lindsay Lohan–Samantha Ronson connection!
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Is Mr. Peabody & Sherman About Adoption by Gays?
- Trans Woman Sues CrossFit After Being Told to Compete in Men's Division
- The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender
- Anne Rice Announces New Vampire Chronicles Novel
- WATCH: Gay Man's Grandfather Came Out to Him at 90 Years Old
- Couples/Personal Finances The Financial Effects of DOMA: Ushering in a New Year Money Minute 51 min 1 sec ago
- Arts & Entertainment Opera Director Gerard Mortier Dies at 70 1 hour 5 min ago
- Television MTV's Awkward Adds 2 New Gay Characters 1 hour 25 min ago
- Print Issue The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender 6:01 AM
- Current Issue Editor’s Letter: April/May Issue 5:01 AM
- Parenting Is Mr. Peabody & Sherman About Adoption by Gays? 4:00 AM
- Media Former Fox Sportscaster Claims Anti-Antigay Discrimination March 10 2014 9:37 PM