5 Reasons to Revisit Smash
BY Christopher Rudolph
February 05 2013 8:00 AM ET
4. Plot Ch-Ch-Changes
Even lovers of the show knew that all was not well in the world of Smash. The backstage gossip and drama featured in the series was no match for reality when NBC decided to fire creator Theresa Rebeck and retool with Josh Safran, the former Gossip Girl showrunner. Debra Messing’s character, Julia, had her endless collection of scarves, and her family subplots (adoption! adultery!) were just as boring. Her husband's storyline is quickly wrapped up in the season premiere, while other hate-watcher favorites like Ellis, the backstabbing assistant, and Dev, Katharine McPhee’s boyfriend, have both exited stage left, and hopefully only return for a limited engagement.
- Texas Gay Man, 32, Dies in Custody After Being Denied Medication
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- 10 Tips on Growing Older for LGBT People Under 40
- Alabama's Antigay Judge Roy Moore Slapped With New Ethics Charges
- Leslie Jordan Banishes Antigay Starbucks Patrons: 'Get Out of My House!'