The Best Companies in the U.S.
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 21 2010 11:55 AM ET
American Airlines — Not only does American Airlines market directly to gay travelers (who represent a $65 million industry segment), but the company flaunts its Rainbow Team, the first LGBT sales staff in the sky. American also sponsors flights to and from national gay events like Pride festivals and HRC galas. In 2002, American became the first airline to score 100% on the HRC’s Corporate Equality Index.
- Op-ed: Why I Unfriended My Mother
- Texas Rep.: Strand Gays on an Island, See What Happens
- Texas Gay Man, 32, Dies in Custody After Being Denied Medication
- Iowa Couple Plans 1,000 Antigay Billboards
- Leslie Jordan: I Threw 'Sweet Iced Tea, Not Coffee' in Starbucks Fight
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'