The Best Companies in the U.S.
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 21 2010 11:55 AM ET
American Airlines — Not only does American Airlines market directly to gay travelers (who represent a $65 million industry segment), but the company flaunts its Rainbow Team, the first LGBT sales staff in the sky. American also sponsors flights to and from national gay events like Pride festivals and HRC galas. In 2002, American became the first airline to score 100% on the HRC’s Corporate Equality Index.
- WATCH: What Happens When a Gay Boy Scout Comes Out to His Camp Leader
- Peace Corps Recognizes, Respects Same-Sex Couples
- Op-ed: Are We More Successful Because We’re Gay?
- PHOTOS: Real Weddings, Real People
- We Love Liberace Now Even More Than 30 Years Ago
- A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Youth Does AIDS in the Endzone Fumble? 7 min 18 sec ago
- Theater Five Decades Remembered At the Flash 58 min 56 sec ago
- Film Why is Behind the Candelabra Like Valley of the Dolls? 1 hour 38 min ago
- The Wedding Channel PHOTOS: Real Weddings, Real People 6:00 AM
- Youth WATCH: What Happens When a Gay Scout Comes Out to Camp Leader 5:00 AM
- Commentary Op-ed: Are We More Successful Because We’re Gay? 4:34 AM
- Current Issue We Love Liberace Now Even More Than 30 Years Ago 4:00 AM