WATCH: Zach Galifianakis Speaks From the Future About the End of AIDS
BY Jeremy Kinser
July 24 2012 12:20 PM ET
Zach Galifianakis, Sarah Silverman, Tracy Morgan, and Marisa Tomei are among celebrities who speak from the distance future to reveals changes humanity will have experienced in three years, including the beginning of the end of the AIDS pandemic.
Hello, my name is Zach Olympia Dukakis," Galifianakis intones at the beginning of a Funny or Die video. "I'm coming to you from the year 2015 where anything is possible.
Morgan lists an abundance of hybrid animals, such as the Eagle-phant, Tomei is excited about her new Porsche that folds up into her pocket, while Silverman informs us that "boobs are gross" and we've stopped using slang words such as "totes" and "amazeballs."
"Here's something that's not too crazy," Galifianakis adds. "We can reach the begnnning of the end of AIDS by 2015."
The video is
part of a campaign by ONE, the non-profit organization co-founded by Bono, which calls for support for a global effort to reach the beginning of the end of the AIDS pandemic by 2015. With expanded access to AIDS treatment and investment in new prevention techniques, many scientists believe this is now possible.
Watch the video below.
- Travel WATCH: Planes Battle Birmingham, England's Tail Winds March 15 2014 9:11 PM
- Religion Billy Graham's Son: Obama Could Learn from Putin's Homophobia March 15 2014 7:41 PM
- Television WATCH: Out Rapper Le1f on Letterman March 15 2014 2:59 PM
- People WATCH: The Strong Bond Between Straight Women and Gay Men March 15 2014 2:52 PM
- Transgender Trans Contestant is Miss Congeniality at Calif. Beauty Pageant March 15 2014 11:57 AM
- Theater Injury Sidelines Christopher Sieber in Matilda March 15 2014 5:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Hernan Marina March 15 2014 4:00 AM