WATCH: Zach Galifianakis Speaks From the Future About the End of AIDS
BY Jeremy Kinser
July 24 2012 12:20 PM ET
Zach Galifianakis, Sarah Silverman, Tracy Morgan, and Marisa Tomei are among celebrities who speak from the distance future to reveals changes humanity will have experienced in three years, including the beginning of the end of the AIDS pandemic.
Hello, my name is Zach Olympia Dukakis," Galifianakis intones at the beginning of a Funny or Die video. "I'm coming to you from the year 2015 where anything is possible.
Morgan lists an abundance of hybrid animals, such as the Eagle-phant, Tomei is excited about her new Porsche that folds up into her pocket, while Silverman informs us that "boobs are gross" and we've stopped using slang words such as "totes" and "amazeballs."
"Here's something that's not too crazy," Galifianakis adds. "We can reach the begnnning of the end of AIDS by 2015."
The video is
part of a campaign by ONE, the non-profit organization co-founded by Bono, which calls for support for a global effort to reach the beginning of the end of the AIDS pandemic by 2015. With expanded access to AIDS treatment and investment in new prevention techniques, many scientists believe this is now possible.
Watch the video below.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Op-ed: Gay Voice Is Ruining Lives
- t.A.T.u. Singer OK with Lesbians, But Being Gay Is 'Unmanly'
- Hot Sheet: Openly Serving, Openly Loving
- WATCH: Straight Dad Punched For Calling Out Woman's Antigay Slurs
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media