Why Paul Ryan? Comedians Have a Few Theories
BY Jami Smith
August 14 2012 1:17 PM ET
Rachel Maddow says Democrats are drinking margaritas to celebrate, but Republicans seem just as happy. In case you've had trouble trying to figure out why Mitt Romney selected Paul Ryan as his running mate, we look to our cadre of @Gaysayer comedians for their unparallelled insight.
As always, in the tweets below, The Advocate's Jami Smith brings you the 10 funniest comments from LGBT comedians and their straight allies. New jokes are posted every day on Twitter. If you like laughing, join the more than 6,000 people who already follow @gaysayer.
When Mitt Romney called Paul Ryan "the next president," it proved that even robots make mistakes.
— Mike Birbiglia (@birbigs) August 12, 2012
Paul Ryan. Dedicated to the belief that Mitt Romney needs a tax break more than you need Medicare.
— LOLGOP (@LOLGOP) August 13, 2012
— KSupley (@KSupley) August 13, 2012
Since Romney doesn't care about poor people, he needed to balance the ticket with someone who doesn't care about old people.
— Andy Borowitz (@BorowitzReport) August 12, 2012
You guys, stop accusing Paul Ryan of not being an environmentalist. He's said over and over that he hates people who go "against nature."
— Jami Smith (@jamismithcomic) August 14, 2012
Paul Ryan looks like someone who'd be really excited to talk to you about car insurance.
— Nick Stadler (@NickadooLA) August 11, 2012
Before you judge Mitt Romney by his wealth, try walking a mile in his backyard.
— braden graeber (@hipstermermaid) August 14, 2012
#RomneyRyan2012: Because marriage should only be between a man and someone who earns 77 cents on the dollar
— The Daily Edge (@TheDailyEdge) August 14, 2012
I am strongly against death panels. Natural selection is far more effective. End Medicare and the strongest grandma's will survive!
— Fighting For Elites (@PaulRyanVIP) August 13, 2012
Hey girl, don't let the personhood issue get you down. You still get to choose what to make for dinner tonight.
— Paul Ryan Gosling (@PaulRyanGosling) August 12, 2012
- The Advocate's Person of the Year: Pope Francis
- Bobby Jindal Is Mad No One Thought Phil Robertson Was Funny
- Figure Skater Brian Boitano Comes Out
- WATCH: Sexy Santas Want You to 'Get Enrolled' in Obamacare
- Duck Dynasty Star Slams Sinful 'Homosexuals, Drunks, Terrorists'
- New Mexico Supreme Court Declares Statewide Marriage Equality
- Entertainment News WATCH: Ellen DeGeneres' First Trailer for the Oscars December 19 2013 11:06 PM
- Travel Futuristic Vegas Nightclub Goes Gay December 19 2013 8:42 PM
- Obituaries Washington Marriage Equality Opponent Dies December 19 2013 8:10 PM
- Film Paul Rudd Set to Star in Marvel Comics Ant-Man Film December 19 2013 7:08 PM
- Entertainment News Reality Star Marksman Chris Cheng Comes Out December 19 2013 6:36 PM
- Travel Out Traveler Award Winner: Best Hotel Chain December 19 2013 6:33 PM
- People Bobby Jindal Is Mad No One Thought Phil Robertson Was Funny December 19 2013 6:18 PM