WATCH: Stephen Colbert Riffs on Jeremy Irons and Marriage Equality
BY Trudy Ring
April 05 2013 5:20 PM ET
Last night on The Colbert Report, Stephen Colbert had a hilarious take on Jeremy Irons’s bizarre comments this week that marriage equality could lead to fathers marrying their sons to avoid inheritance taxes.
“One rich voice has risen above the noise” in the same-sex marriage debate, Colbert said. “Academy Award–winning actor Jeremy Irons, who, in an interview with The Huffing-Gay Post, made an argument against gay marriage that I have never heard before.”
Colbert then looks at the implications for Irons and his actor son, Max, and gives his impression of how Irons might approach, say, illegal immigration or equal pay for women. Watch below.
- Alabama's Antigay Chief Justice Scolds Ruth Bader Ginsburg on 'Judicial Ethics'
- #TBT: Selling the Male Body
- BREAKING: North Carolina Governor to Veto Antigay Measure
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- Poised for Perfection: Sgt. Shane Ortega Puts a Face to the Transgender Military Ban