WATCH: Stephen Colbert Riffs on Jeremy Irons and Marriage Equality
BY Trudy Ring
April 05 2013 4:20 PM ET
Last night on The Colbert Report, Stephen Colbert had a hilarious take on Jeremy Irons’s bizarre comments this week that marriage equality could lead to fathers marrying their sons to avoid inheritance taxes.
“One rich voice has risen above the noise” in the same-sex marriage debate, Colbert said. “Academy Award–winning actor Jeremy Irons, who, in an interview with The Huffing-Gay Post, made an argument against gay marriage that I have never heard before.”
Colbert then looks at the implications for Irons and his actor son, Max, and gives his impression of how Irons might approach, say, illegal immigration or equal pay for women. Watch below.
- Religion Archbishop of NY Applauds NFL Hopeful Michael Sam for Coming Out 12 min 26 sec ago
- Love and Sex Sexually Explicit Videos No Longer Allowed on Vine 1:06 PM
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return 6:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith 4:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 7:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 7:25 PM
- Marriage Equality Here's The Most Absurd Thing You Missed in Michigan's Marriage Equality Trial March 07 2014 7:20 PM