Op-ed: The 6 Gay Men You Never Want to Meet — Part II
BY Tyler Curry
November 08 2013 8:00 AM ET
Mr. Power Trip
At first, this gay man seems like he is just as romantic as he can be. He opens doors, he pays for every dinner, and he has no problem making plans for the both of you. You may be a little uncomfortable with how take-charge he is, but you appreciate the effort. Who doesn’t need a Prince Charming every now and then, right? But once this power-hungry maniac has you on lockdown, he won’t only be picking up the check and choosing the reservations, he will begin to control the parts of your life that don’t even involve him. Or at least … they didn’t until now. Mr. Power Trip may come off as a regular prince, but you might find yourself locked in the tower after a few months with this one. (Illustrated by Clarione Gutierrez)
The perils of dating will always be present, but learning how to identify those who truly embody these undercover goons makes it a whole hell of a lot easier to not waste a perfectly good Friday night.
TYLER CURRY created the Needle Prick Project as an editorial and visual campaign to elicit a candid and open conversation on what it means to be HIV-positive today. To learn more about the Needle Prick Project, visit Facebook.com/getpricked or follow Tyler Curry on Facebook or Twitter at @iamtylercurry.
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing it Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Gay Wedding Advice for Gays and Straights
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Amber Heard: 'I Don't Want to Have to Deny My Sexuality in Order to Be Me'
- PHOTOS: Toronto Shows Off Its Pride