Op-ed: The 6 Gay Men Who Are Changing the World
BY Tyler Curry
May 09 2014 8:00 AM ET
While The Historian reminds us of where we came from, we owe the vision of what could one day be possible to The Dreamer. When gay men and women were huddled in dark, dank places, hiding their identities in fear of societal and judicial ramifications, this wide-eyed idealist believed that one day we could achieve respect among out heterosexual counterparts. The Dreamer inspired all of these other five gay men who are changing the world by making them believe that we deserve more and should settle for nothing less. And if you might be one of those other six gays, or another type you still owe this visionary a thank you every now and again.
If you are lucky, each one of these men will remind you of someone you have in your life. If so, let them know just how much you appreciate how they are changing all of our lives for the better. And if they are single, well…. What are you waiting for?
TYLER CURRY created the Needle Prick Project as an editorial and visual campaign to elicit a candid and open conversation on what it means to be HIV-positive today. To learn more about the Needle Prick Project, visit Facebook.com/getpricked or follow Tyler Curry on Facebook or Twitter at @iamtylercurry.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- He Said, She Said: Privilege Check On I Am Cait
- Lesbian Couple Allegedly Beaten After Kissing Outside Six Flags New England
- Straight Talk With Years & Years' Olly Alexander, the U.K.'s New Gay Pop Star
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- Freed From Iowa Jail, Black Trans Woman Meagan Taylor Speaks