Behind the Mike at Radio Host Frank DeCaro's Wedding
BY Advocate Contributors
August 17 2011 5:20 PM ET
Sirius satellite radio host Frank DeCaro married his longtime partner, Jim Colucci, Tuesday while on the air — which means you didn't get to see it. So here are the behind-the-mike photos of the nuptials, live from New York.
The Village Voice's Michael Musto reported on the repartee that kept the event moving on air. He said comedian Lizz Winstead officiated beautifully.
"Even Fred Phelps said, 'Fuck it — I won't protest this one," Winstead said while praising the couple.
"I promise always to remain your biggest fan," Colucci swore during the vows.
The Frank DeCaro Show airs on Sirius's OutQ station weekdays from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. — Lucas Grindley
- World Record Bodybuilder Comes Out as Trans
- Brokeback Mountain: The 10th Anniversary of a Gay Classic
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- 10 Things People Living With HIV Are Sick of Hearing
- Members of Congress to Antigay Nations' Diplomats: Leave Your Spouse Home
- Newspaper Editor Fired for Antigay Blog Post Settles Discrimination Complaint