BY Mubarak Dahir
September 11 2011 4:00 AM ET
The vice president of a World Trade Center firm was also a fun-loving aunt and a competitive disco dancer.
Described as a direct person who always got straight to her point, 43-year-old Pamela Boyce was a driven woman who loved competitive disco dancing and being an aunt to two nieces and a nephew.
Boyce, a resident of Brooklyn, was the assistant vice president of accounting for Carr Futures Inc. She was working in her 92nd-floor office at 1 World Trade Center when the building was hit by the hijacked American Airlines Flight 11.
Despite holding a full-time job, she had recently earned an associate’s degree and graduated with stellar marks. She was planning to continue her education, seeking bachelor’s and master’s degrees.
Family was an integral part of her life, and she served as a spirited Lamaze coach during her sister’s pregnancy with one of her nieces. In the summer months, she was a beach enthusiast who cherished getting tans and relaxing on the shore.
But Catherine Anello, her partner of 61⁄2 years, said that while Boyce delighted in life, she was not afraid of death. The two had discussed the topic several times, and Boyce had said, “Don’t mourn my death; celebrate my life,” Anello told the Los Angeles Times. “I’m not afraid to die,” she had said, “because where I’m going is beautiful.”
- WATCH: One Gay Man's Touching Plea for Equality in Utah
- Timothy Dolan Uncomfortable as Pope Calls for Study of Civil Unions
- South Carolina Legislators Vote to Cut University Funding for Assigning LGBT Books
- Low-Income Apartment Complex for LGBT Seniors Opens in Philadelphia
- Op-ed: A Second Look at Bisexuality
- Google's International Women's Day Doodle Includes Trans Women
- Politics South Carolina Legislators Vote to Cut University Funding for Assigning LGBT Books 2 hours 52 min ago
- Politics WATCH: One Gay Man's Touching Plea for Equality in Utah 3:09 PM
- Religion Uncomfortable: Timothy Dolan Versus Pope on Civil Unions 3:04 PM
- Politics WATCH: Low-Income Apartments for LGBT Seniors Open 1:49 PM
- Comedy Johnny and Tara at 30 Rock, Can't Stop With Play-By-Play 1:00 PM
- Comedy 8 Movies Made Better With 'Let It Go' 11:50 AM
- Film Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW March 08 2014 8:15 PM