Stephen Moyer: Bleeding Heart
BY Brandon Voss
July 12 2012 8:00 AM ET
Left: Moyer and Paquin
You later established a theatre company called The Reject Society. Did that name stem from your feeling like a reject or outcast?
There was an element of what you’re suggesting, sure, but it wasn’t quite that blatant. We just liked the name. [Laughs] Everybody was doing musical theater where we were, and I’d been doing musical theater from the age of 10, but we wanted to do ordinary straight plays — and by that, of course, I don’t mean not gay. We thought The Reject Society was a fun name to sort of lampoon that we were trying to do something different.
Are you excited to see your costar Joe Manganiello in Magic Mike?
We’ve been privy to most of Joe’s performance in Magic Mike just from being on set with him. Joe is not somebody who’s afraid to take his top off or hump desks. If you went up to Joe and said, “I hear you’re playing a stripper,” he would do the dance for you then and there. He would probably do it for my dog Banjo. He has no shame.
Would you ever play a stripper?
I’m open to all offers.
Do you have a celebrity man-crush?
Yeah, but mine is totally talent-based: Philip Seymour Hoffman. With any kind of attraction for me, it ultimately comes down to what’s underneath the surface.
In the upcoming movie The Barrens, you play a man terrorized by a legendary monster called the Jersey Devil. Are you trading Sookie for Snooki?
It does sound like it could be. No, I’d be truly horrified if that came towards me.
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
- Op-ed: Religion Shouldn't Be an Excuse for Discrimination
- WATCH: Ben Affleck and SNL Crew Go to Ex-Gay Camp
- WATCH: The Cure for Gay Wedding-Related Depression
- Florida Teen Facing Sex Offender Charge For Consensual Same-Sex Relationship
- The Miseducation of Destin Holmes
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Travel A Handy, Color-Coded Map to Gay Europe 4 min 53 sec ago
- Commentary Op-ed: Religion Shouldn't Be an Excuse for Discrimination 4:40 AM
- Current Issue The Miseducation of Destin Holmes 4:00 AM
- Politics Obama to Grads: 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend' May 20 2013 7:56 PM
- Crime Thousands Rally Against Anti-LGBT Violence in NYC May 20 2013 7:35 PM
- Women WATCH: Ellen Responds To Abercrombie's Sizeist CEO - 'Fitch, Please!' May 20 2013 7:26 PM
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Matthew Morrison Can't Even Make Sense of Marriage Inequality May 20 2013 7:00 PM