Stephen Moyer: Bleeding Heart
BY Brandon Voss
July 12 2012 8:00 AM ET
Left: Moyer and Paquin
You later established a theatre company called The Reject Society. Did that name stem from your feeling like a reject or outcast?
There was an element of what you’re suggesting, sure, but it wasn’t quite that blatant. We just liked the name. [Laughs] Everybody was doing musical theater where we were, and I’d been doing musical theater from the age of 10, but we wanted to do ordinary straight plays — and by that, of course, I don’t mean not gay. We thought The Reject Society was a fun name to sort of lampoon that we were trying to do something different.
Are you excited to see your costar Joe Manganiello in Magic Mike?
We’ve been privy to most of Joe’s performance in Magic Mike just from being on set with him. Joe is not somebody who’s afraid to take his top off or hump desks. If you went up to Joe and said, “I hear you’re playing a stripper,” he would do the dance for you then and there. He would probably do it for my dog Banjo. He has no shame.
Would you ever play a stripper?
I’m open to all offers.
Do you have a celebrity man-crush?
Yeah, but mine is totally talent-based: Philip Seymour Hoffman. With any kind of attraction for me, it ultimately comes down to what’s underneath the surface.
In the upcoming movie The Barrens, you play a man terrorized by a legendary monster called the Jersey Devil. Are you trading Sookie for Snooki?
It does sound like it could be. No, I’d be truly horrified if that came towards me.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- Bible-Quoting Man Shoots Couple With BB Gun Outside Minneapolis Gay Bar
- Modern Family Director Live-Tweets a Plane Passenger's Drunken Meltdown
- Outrage After Major Minn. Paper Sells Transphobic Coalition Full-Page Ad