Stephen Moyer: Bleeding Heart
BY Brandon Voss
July 12 2012 7:00 AM ET
Left: Moyer and Paquin
You later established a theatre company called The Reject Society. Did that name stem from your feeling like a reject or outcast?
There was an element of what you’re suggesting, sure, but it wasn’t quite that blatant. We just liked the name. [Laughs] Everybody was doing musical theater where we were, and I’d been doing musical theater from the age of 10, but we wanted to do ordinary straight plays — and by that, of course, I don’t mean not gay. We thought The Reject Society was a fun name to sort of lampoon that we were trying to do something different.
Are you excited to see your costar Joe Manganiello in Magic Mike?
We’ve been privy to most of Joe’s performance in Magic Mike just from being on set with him. Joe is not somebody who’s afraid to take his top off or hump desks. If you went up to Joe and said, “I hear you’re playing a stripper,” he would do the dance for you then and there. He would probably do it for my dog Banjo. He has no shame.
Would you ever play a stripper?
I’m open to all offers.
Do you have a celebrity man-crush?
Yeah, but mine is totally talent-based: Philip Seymour Hoffman. With any kind of attraction for me, it ultimately comes down to what’s underneath the surface.
In the upcoming movie The Barrens, you play a man terrorized by a legendary monster called the Jersey Devil. Are you trading Sookie for Snooki?
It does sound like it could be. No, I’d be truly horrified if that came towards me.
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return 1 hour 41 min ago
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith 4:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 7:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 7:25 PM
- Marriage Equality Here's The Most Absurd Thing You Missed in Michigan's Marriage Equality Trial March 07 2014 7:20 PM
- Uganda As Aid Cuts Continue, Ugandan Officials Not Concerned March 07 2014 6:57 PM
- Religion Fired Gay Administrator Sues Wash. Catholic School March 07 2014 6:55 PM