I Advocate: Gregory Cason
BY Advocate Contributors
April 15 2013 5:00 AM ET
...Special Olympics. My older brother has an intellectual disability, and there is nothing that has brought him more joy, excitement, and feeling of accomplishment than the Special Olympics. People with intellectual disabilities come in all shapes, genders, ethnicities, races, and, yes, sexual orientations. We always forget that. The Special Olympics gives these athletes a place to be celebrated. Besides, who wouldn’t love being cheered on and then being given a big hug? When it comes down to it, we all want the same things — love and acceptance. SpecialOlympics.org
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- BREAKING: Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- WATCH: Partner of Sydney Siege Hero Remembers His 'Soulmate'
- Emily Blunt: 'I Want to Be a Gay Icon'