I Advocate: Gregory Cason
BY Advocate Contributors
April 15 2013 6:00 AM ET
…standing up to shame. Many well-meaning friends and family members have advised me not to do gay press. Screw that! How could I, as a psychologist, not be truthful about one of the core aspects of who I am and show I am part of my own community? This is the power of shame, which still keeps many in the closet. The way out is to stand up to it. Otherwise, you are locking yourself in a prison and handing other people the key.
- Meet the Same-Sex Couple Who Made Dodger Stadium Swoon
- Op-ed: 5 Reasons Men's Health Needs a Trans Man On The Cover
- WATCH: You’ll Cry When You See What Happened During That Gay-Straight Prom Date
- WATCH: Dodger Stadium Reacts to Same-Sex Couple on Kiss Cam
- RuPaul's Drag Race's Miss Fame: I've Yet to Leave My 'Beauty Mark'
- WATCH: Texas B&B Boots Gay Couple, Gets Banned From Airbnb