I Advocate: Gregory Cason
BY Advocate Contributors
April 15 2013 6:00 AM ET
…standing up to shame. Many well-meaning friends and family members have advised me not to do gay press. Screw that! How could I, as a psychologist, not be truthful about one of the core aspects of who I am and show I am part of my own community? This is the power of shame, which still keeps many in the closet. The way out is to stand up to it. Otherwise, you are locking yourself in a prison and handing other people the key.
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- PHOTOS: Pride for Days In San Francisco
- 21 Best (and Worst) Queer Movie Villains
- Arkansas County Clerk Resigns Over Marriage Equality
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Here's How You Can Celebrate Trans Pride on Facebook, Too!