I Advocate: Gregory Cason
BY Advocate Contributors
April 15 2013 5:00 AM ET
…standing up to shame. Many well-meaning friends and family members have advised me not to do gay press. Screw that! How could I, as a psychologist, not be truthful about one of the core aspects of who I am and show I am part of my own community? This is the power of shame, which still keeps many in the closet. The way out is to stand up to it. Otherwise, you are locking yourself in a prison and handing other people the key.
- Another Lap for Michael Phelps’s Self-Proclaimed Girlfriend
- Meet This Year's 'Prime Time 25'
- Texas AG: Same-Sex Couples' Request to Marry 'Untimely, Out of Order'
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- STUDY: Gay Sex Helps Humans Bond and Survive
- PHOTOS: Explore Genderqueer and Other Genders Beyond the Binary