I Advocate: Gregory Cason
BY Advocate Contributors
April 15 2013 5:00 AM ET
…standing up to shame. Many well-meaning friends and family members have advised me not to do gay press. Screw that! How could I, as a psychologist, not be truthful about one of the core aspects of who I am and show I am part of my own community? This is the power of shame, which still keeps many in the closet. The way out is to stand up to it. Otherwise, you are locking yourself in a prison and handing other people the key.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Freddy Krave Is His Own Best Model
- Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin January 6