I Advocate: Eric Andrews-Katz
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 28 2013 4:00 AM ET
…Caravaggio. I am amazed by the way the artist Michelangelo Caravaggio manipulates light and shadow, making his subjects stand out as if they were a 16th-century photograph in oil paints. He created great controversy by always giving his subjects, even the holiest of public figures, the grit of truth and reality. (Above, The Cardsharps, 1595) Caravaggio-Foundation.org
- #TBT: Hollywood Hunks Laid Bare: 1920s-1930s
- Thousands Rally in S.C. to 'Stand With God' Against Marriage Equality
- 60 Music Videos That Raised LGBT Visibility
- WATCH: Is CNN Coverage of Virginia Gunman Homophobic?
- Lesbian Feminist Cathy Brennan Sues AfterEllen for Defamation
- Texas Antigay Group Raising Money to Fight LGBT 'Army'