Reasons to Have Pride in 2012, Part 1
BY Advocate Contributors
May 15 2012 6:00 AM ET
Because there’s a 100% transgender, Jewish shtick-rock sensation
And it’s known as Schmekel. The group’s debut album has the energy of early queercore-punk bands like Pansy Division and Tribe 8, and The New York Times called the quartet groundbreaking. Schmekel is Yiddish for small penis; the little in-joke says a bit about how smart and sexy these guys are.
- Facebook Apologizes for 'Real Name' Policy
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- The New 'Republicans Are People Too' Twitter Campaign Is An Epic Fail
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- GLAAD Issues Record Number of 'Excellent' Ratings for TV Networks