Reasons to Have Pride in 2012, Part 1
BY Advocate Contributors
May 15 2012 6:00 AM ET
Because there’s a 100% transgender, Jewish shtick-rock sensation
And it’s known as Schmekel. The group’s debut album has the energy of early queercore-punk bands like Pansy Division and Tribe 8, and The New York Times called the quartet groundbreaking. Schmekel is Yiddish for small penis; the little in-joke says a bit about how smart and sexy these guys are.
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- Bryan Cranston: 'End This Silliness' of Opposing Marriage Equality
- World Goes Bonkers On Antigay Michigan Repairman
- Michigan Trans Teen Skater's Suicide Rocks Roller Derby Community
- Texas Dads Denied Surrogacy Services Because of Marriage Discrimination