Top 10 News Stories of 2012
BY Sunnivie Brydum
December 26 2012 5:00 AM ET
10. Prop. 8 and DOMA Await Supreme Hearing
Several marriage equality cases were scheduled for consideration by the Supreme Court, including the challenge to California’s Proposition 8 and lesbian widow Edie Windsor’s challenge to the discriminatory Defense of Marriage Act. Despite Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s indication to students at the University of Colorado Boulder that the Supremes would take up DOMA in the next year, the justices declined to place any of the marriage cases on the docket in advance of the November election.
- Another Event Moves; Gay Hotel Owners Apologize for Ted Cruz Dinner Party
- More Events Cancel Over Gay Hotel Owner's Ted Cruz Dinner Party
- Op-ed: Drag Race's Prison-Themed Challenge Raised Uncomfortable Questions
- Bruce Jenner: 'I'm A Woman'
- Kris Humphries Blames Vague Tweet, Supports Bruce Jenner
- The Backlash