Top 10 News Stories of 2012
BY Sunnivie Brydum
December 26 2012 5:00 AM ET
10. Prop. 8 and DOMA Await Supreme Hearing
Several marriage equality cases were scheduled for consideration by the Supreme Court, including the challenge to California’s Proposition 8 and lesbian widow Edie Windsor’s challenge to the discriminatory Defense of Marriage Act. Despite Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s indication to students at the University of Colorado Boulder that the Supremes would take up DOMA in the next year, the justices declined to place any of the marriage cases on the docket in advance of the November election.
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples