Controversial new Superman script includes gay Jimmy Olsen
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 27 2002 12:00 AM ET
MSNBC.com's Jeannette Walls reports that Superman fans are up in arms over a new screenplay by J.J. Abrams (Alias). Among the changes to the Superman mythos allegedly made by Abrams: Krypton doesn't explode, Superman's biological parents don't die, and there are hints that Jimmy Olsen is gay. A Warner Bros. spokesman had no comment, although the studio did announce that Brett Ratner (Rush Hour, Red Dragon) will be directing a new Superman movie.
- WATCH: Seth Meyers Takes Down Indiana's New Antigay Legislation
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'
- Arrow and The Flash Stars: It's Time for a Gay Superhero on TV
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Mike Pence 'Abhors' Discrimination? His Record Shows Otherwise