Controversial new Superman script includes gay Jimmy Olsen
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 27 2002 12:00 AM ET
MSNBC.com's Jeannette Walls reports that Superman fans are up in arms over a new screenplay by J.J. Abrams (Alias). Among the changes to the Superman mythos allegedly made by Abrams: Krypton doesn't explode, Superman's biological parents don't die, and there are hints that Jimmy Olsen is gay. A Warner Bros. spokesman had no comment, although the studio did announce that Brett Ratner (Rush Hour, Red Dragon) will be directing a new Superman movie.
- WATCH: Dodger Stadium Reacts to Same-Sex Couple on Kiss Cam
- Newly Out Fox Contributor Isn't Very Concerned About Gay Rights
- Could National Marriage Equality Mean the End of Gay Culture?
- 9 Celebs Who Learned the Hard Way the T-Word Is Over
- Out NYC Owners Call Gays 'Cheap,' 'Entitled' In Disastrous Interview
- The Films of the 26th Annual Honolulu Rainbow Film Festival