Controversial new Superman script includes gay Jimmy Olsen
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 27 2002 12:00 AM ET
MSNBC.com's Jeannette Walls reports that Superman fans are up in arms over a new screenplay by J.J. Abrams (Alias). Among the changes to the Superman mythos allegedly made by Abrams: Krypton doesn't explode, Superman's biological parents don't die, and there are hints that Jimmy Olsen is gay. A Warner Bros. spokesman had no comment, although the studio did announce that Brett Ratner (Rush Hour, Red Dragon) will be directing a new Superman movie.
- Pride at Work Tells HRC: ‘Enough Is Enough’
- WATCH: Antigay Ky. Clerk Inadvertently Married This Queer Couple
- WATCH: How This 12-Year-Old Lacrosse Player Found His Courage
- Lesbian Feminist Cathy Brennan Sues AfterEllen for Defamation
- 60 Music Videos That Raised LGBT Visibility
- 5 Most Disappointing Things We Learned About HRC's 'White Men's Club'