Controversial new Superman script includes gay Jimmy Olsen
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 27 2002 12:00 AM ET
MSNBC.com's Jeannette Walls reports that Superman fans are up in arms over a new screenplay by J.J. Abrams (Alias). Among the changes to the Superman mythos allegedly made by Abrams: Krypton doesn't explode, Superman's biological parents don't die, and there are hints that Jimmy Olsen is gay. A Warner Bros. spokesman had no comment, although the studio did announce that Brett Ratner (Rush Hour, Red Dragon) will be directing a new Superman movie.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- That's Amoré! 11 Irresistible Images of What Happened When Rome Recognized Same-Sex Marriages
- WATCH: In Pat Robertson's Latest Diatribe, Gays Are 'Terrorists'
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Op-ed: How Transparent Tried and Failed to Represent Trans Men