Hot Sheet: Sexy, Evil Spartacus
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 12 2013 2:48 PM ET
3. MUSIC: Yeah Yeah Yeahs: Mosquito
The big media story on the Yeah Yeah Yeahs is that the group recently ordered concertgoers to not hold up their phones and record a recent show in New York, seeing that it blocks views of other attendees. We applaud them for trying to put a dent in this annoying 21st-century practice, but many will still ignore the edict when the New York-based trio performs Friday night (and the follow week) at the Coachella music festival near Palm Springs, Calif. The group has a new album, Mosquito, out tomorrow, and if it’s half as good as their previous efforts, it will still be amazing — lead singer/style icon Karen O describes Mosquito as the Yeah Yeah Yeah’s “soul record.” The video for the soulful lead single, “Sacrilege,” even has a peek of lesbian action.
- Is This Photo Proof Mike Pence Knew RFRA Discriminates Against LGBTs?
- Charles Barkley: Move Final Four Out of Indiana
- Mormon Missionary Positions
- The Only 2 Things to Know Out of Mike Pence's Dissembling Interview
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- Backlash Continues: Angie's List Cancels Indiana Expansion