Hot Sheet: Sexy, Evil Spartacus
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 12 2013 2:48 PM ET
3. MUSIC: Yeah Yeah Yeahs: Mosquito
The big media story on the Yeah Yeah Yeahs is that the group recently ordered concertgoers to not hold up their phones and record a recent show in New York, seeing that it blocks views of other attendees. We applaud them for trying to put a dent in this annoying 21st-century practice, but many will still ignore the edict when the New York-based trio performs Friday night (and the follow week) at the Coachella music festival near Palm Springs, Calif. The group has a new album, Mosquito, out tomorrow, and if it’s half as good as their previous efforts, it will still be amazing — lead singer/style icon Karen O describes Mosquito as the Yeah Yeah Yeah’s “soul record.” The video for the soulful lead single, “Sacrilege,” even has a peek of lesbian action.
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- Poised for Perfection: Sgt. Shane Ortega Puts a Face to the Transgender Military Ban
- 15 Queer Documentaries That Helped Define Us
- Surprising No One, Texas State Senate Reaffirms Opposition to Marriage Equality
- New Report Underlines Savage Inequalities Faced by LGBT Americans