Hot Sheet: Do You Know the Way to San Diego?
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 09 2013 5:00 PM ET
3. TV: Americans in Bed
Step into the bedrooms of 10 couples with HBO's newest documentary special, Americans In Bed. The 80-minute feature introduces viewers to a broad cross-section of Americans of various ages, ethnicities, religious beliefs, and sexual orientations, in candid interviews that touch on marriage, family, fidelity, commitment, and all the reasons people come together — and break apart. Featuring one gay and one lesbian couple, director Philippa Robinson explores with each couple what they look for in a partner, and how they know they've found it. Americans In Bed debuts on HBO Monday, Aug. 12 at 9 p.m. ET/PT. Watch the trailer below:
- Leslie Jordan Banishes Antigay Starbucks Patrons: 'Get Out of My House!'
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- White House to Unveil New HIV Strategy
- Op-ed: What I Learned From My High School's Gay English Teacher
- Op-ed: The Far-Reaching Consequences of Dating App Racism
- WATCH: A Straight Wedding Morphs Into a Gay Proposal