Hot Sheet: Cher Your Love
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 20 2013 10:46 AM ET
9. DVD: Hannibal: Season One
Much to-do was made about how homoerotic The Following was last season, but Hannibal, the new TV series based on the Thomas Harris novels, seems to be even more so. If you missed it the first time, snag the DVD or Blu-ray and you’ll watch the whole season in one sitting. In it FBI agent Will Graham (played by a handsome Hugh Dancy) hunts the most notorious serial killers, excelling because he can envision what they see and experience what they feel. His new partner, a highly respected psychiatrist named Hannibal Lecter (a very creepy Mads Mikkelsen), happens to be a serial killer, though nobody knows that yet. As Hannibal toys with Will’s mind, pulling Will ever closer and separating him from his friends and colleagues, there’s an underlying homosexual tension that is highly addictive to watch. Bonus points: Gillian Anderson is Lecter’s shrink, and the DVD/Blu-ray sets have some great bonuses like a featurette called The FX of Murder. Buy it here.
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin January 6
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- WATCH: Partner of Sydney Siege Hero Remembers His 'Soulmate'
- 14 Sexy Gifts for Your Slutty Friends