Hot Sheet: The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Weekend
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 10 2013 4:44 PM ET
7. MUSIC: Bonnie McKee, “American Girl”
Bonnie McKee had already penned hit songs for an array of A-list pop stars including Katy Perry, Britney Spears, Ke$ha, Carly Rae Jepsen, Christina Aguilera, and Kelly Clarkson, before her high-energy track “American Girl” became a staple of our summer playlists. Now the talented singer-songwriter is embarking on her first U.S. tour, with the Jonas Brothers. It kicks off today in Philadelphia at the Tower Theater, and she’s wasting no opportunity to court an LGBT fan base along way. Take a look at McKee’s recent live performance of “American Girl” at West Hollywood’s gay club Tiger Heat for and see why we think her star has only begun to rise. — Jase Peeples
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- PHOTOS: International Mr. Leather Weekend
- Vatican Official Calls Irish Marriage Vote 'Defeat for Humanity'
- WATCH: Out Musician Mika Shares Video for 'Good Guys,' a Bittersweet Homage to Gay Men
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun