Hot Sheet: Stranger Danger
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 23 2014 8:22 PM ET
6. TV: Lizzie Borden Took an Ax
In Lifetime’s Lizzie Borden Took an Ax, premiering this weekend, Christina Ricci stars as one of America’s most famous maybe-murderesses, Lizzie Borden, who was accused of hacking her parents to death at their Massachusetts home in the late 19th century. The movie, which also features the talented Clea DuVall as Lizzie’s loyal older sister, Emma, is a suspenseful whodunit that portrays the ensuing trial and media sensation caused by the possibility of a young woman’s involvement in her parents’ brutal killing. (DuVall, in an interview with The Advocate, called Borden “that era’s O.J.”) Ricci is deliciously eerie in her portrayal of Borden, and audiences may find both creep and camp value in the latest incarnation of one of America’s most infamous trials. — Daniel Reynolds
Lizzie Borden Took an Ax premieres Saturday at 8 p.m. on Lifetime. Watch the trailer below.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- Gay Comic Publisher Undaunted by Apple's iBook Censorship
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View