Hot Sheet: Guardians and Go-Go Boys
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 01 2014 4:40 PM ET
2. MUSIC: Mary Lambert “Secrets”
You can’t help but admire watching Mary Lambert share it all in her new music video “Secrets.” She’s beautiful in her bright blue dress while she bares sensitive moments like coming out of the closet and sitting in a therapist’s chair. Yet she does it in a way that shows she confidently owns all these parts of her, and can make a happy song about it. Lambert’s smile is infectious, and it's tough not to be inspired to embrace your own dark secrets and say, “So what?” If you want to get a more in-depth look at Lambert and her ideas around oversharing, read The Advocate's 40 Under 40 post on her. – Lynn De La Cruz
- Texas Gay Man, 32, Dies in Custody After Being Denied Medication
- 10 Tips on Growing Older for LGBT People Under 40
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Alabama's Antigay Judge Roy Moore Slapped With New Ethics Charges
- Leslie Jordan Banishes Antigay Starbucks Patrons: 'Get Out of My House!'