PHOTOS: LGBT Issues Are Global Issues
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 24 2013 6:00 AM ET
LGBT and human rights activists chant slogans during antigovernment protests on Istiklal Street, the main shopping corridor on Sunday in Istanbul. The protest began in late May over the Gezi Park redevelopment project but swiftly turned into a protest and street party aimed at Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan and what demonstratord call his increasingly authoritarian rule. The protest has spread to dozens of cities in Turkey, in secular anger against Erdogan and his Islam-rooted Justice and Development Party.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Another Marriage Equality Group Calls It Quits
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- Op-ed: Are Millennials More Racist Than Antigay?
- Straight Talk With Years & Years' Olly Alexander, the U.K.'s New Gay Pop Star
- Op-ed: Think NOM Is Dead? Think Again