Soapside: Advocate 's Guide to Daytime
BY Michael Fairman
May 21 2009 12:00 AM ET
Catfight of the Week
Speaking of One Life to Live, this week's best clawfest between Todd's former wife, Blair (Kassie DePaiva), and current lover, Tea (Florencia Lozano), gets our nod. While locked in a fraternity house boiler room with a potentially lethal gas leak, these two pop open their blouses and use that cloth to try to stop up the leak! Then proceed to verbally assault each other to pieces over the man they both love. However, as they struggle against the fumes, Tea's about to admit a life-altering secret to her rival ... but alas, Blair passes out from the gas -- or just being plain sick of Tea's histrionics!
Pro Wrestling and the Soaps
Yes, I finally came out this week and admitted that not only do I love and work in soap operas, but I also follow professional wrestling and worked for a short stint as a writer for WWE. It's detailed in my first interview on the very similar yet dissimilar genres at welovesoaps.net . Check it out!
Till next time ...
- New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families
- WATCH: Kaitlyn Hunt Rejects Plea Deal, Girlfriend's Parents Say They Had No Choice
- Robbie Rogers Becomes First Openly Gay Major League Soccer Player
- French Marriage Equality Opponent 'Very Scared' Of Right-Wing Backlash
- WATCH: It Already Got Better for This Colorado Student
- The 'Undetectable' Paradox
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Television Jason Collins Calls It a 'Slam-Dunk!' and More Fake Gay Reviews for Behind the Candelabra May 25 2013 6:30 PM
- Food and Drink Want to Eat a Hot Dog Named After Harvey Fierstein? May 25 2013 5:53 PM
- Marriage Equality French Marriage Equality Opponent 'Very Scared' Of Right-Wing Backlash May 25 2013 3:02 PM
- Entertainment News Augusten Burroughs Shows Off Wedding Rings May 25 2013 1:56 PM
- Women WATCH: Kaitlyn Hunt Rejects Plea, Victim's Parents Speak May 25 2013 1:21 PM
- Washington D.C. White House to Host Pride Reception June 13 May 25 2013 12:44 PM
- Politics Virginia's Lt. Gov. Nominee Says Gays Are 'Ikky' May 25 2013 12:35 PM