Soapside: Advocate 's Guide to Daytime
BY Michael Fairman
May 21 2009 12:00 AM ET
Catfight of the Week
Speaking of One Life to Live, this week's best clawfest between Todd's former wife, Blair (Kassie DePaiva), and current lover, Tea (Florencia Lozano), gets our nod. While locked in a fraternity house boiler room with a potentially lethal gas leak, these two pop open their blouses and use that cloth to try to stop up the leak! Then proceed to verbally assault each other to pieces over the man they both love. However, as they struggle against the fumes, Tea's about to admit a life-altering secret to her rival ... but alas, Blair passes out from the gas -- or just being plain sick of Tea's histrionics!
Pro Wrestling and the Soaps
Yes, I finally came out this week and admitted that not only do I love and work in soap operas, but I also follow professional wrestling and worked for a short stint as a writer for WWE. It's detailed in my first interview on the very similar yet dissimilar genres at welovesoaps.net . Check it out!
Till next time ...
- Leslie Jordan Banishes Antigay Starbucks Patrons: 'Get Out of My House!'
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- 10 Tips on Growing Older for LGBT People Under 40
- WATCH: A Straight Wedding Morphs Into a Gay Proposal