BY Dave White
December 07 2009 6:05 PM ET
12/20 - White Christmas: When Rosemary Clooney sings
“Count Your Blessings,” I get all weepy. Then when they get in those
red outfits at the end my eyes burn and water because of the
Technicolor scorching effect.
12/21 - A Charlie Brown
Christmas: He just should have gotten the aluminum tree and
nobody would have had a problem.
12/22 - How the Grinch
Stole Christmas (pictured): Remember when this was just a witty,
awesomely animated cartoon and not a bloated Jim Carrey carcass of a
crappy film? Here’s the good version.
12/23 - Santa
Claus: Quite possibly my favorite Christmas film. Sometimes
it airs on Spanish-language channels because it was a 1959 Mexican
kiddie film about Santa and Merlin the Magician teaming up to battle
the devil for the soul of a shoplifting little girl. Features Santa
dressed as a cocktail waiter in one key moment. A total must-see. I
12/24 - 3 Godfathers: With John Wayne
and Pedro Armendariz. It’s on TCM today and it’s a classic John Ford
western with a holiday theme. But who am I kidding? I’m going to watch The Dog Who Saved Christmas on ABC Family instead.
12/25 - Holiday Affair: Also on TCM, it’s a weird Janet
Leigh and Robert Mitchum film about a woman who leaves her stable,
kind, loving fiancé to go off and be with homeless, jobless Robert
Mitchum. Because he was Robert Mitchum, this makes perfect sense to me.
- WATCH: This Indiana Pizzeria Won't Cater Gay Weddings
- WATCH: Conan's Hilarious Interview With Indiana's 'Religious Freedom Czar'
- WATCH: Seth Meyers Takes Down Indiana's New Antigay Legislation
- Ellen's 11 Most Uproarious, April Fool's-Approved Pranks
- The Best Drag Take on Madonna Is By a Woman
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion