RuPaul and Drag Race Queens Remember Their First Time
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 19 2014 7:00 AM ET
From left: Magnolia Crawford, Vivacious, Laganga Estranja
“I don’t consider my style of drag old school, but it’s a reminder of the roots that started the gay history, the gay revolution, that allows every gay person to be here," Vivacious (center) says. "Because if it wasn’t for this look in New York City as the herald, we wouldn’t be moving forward all these years later. So I’m here to honor that memory.”
“My first time in drag I was 12 years old," Magnolia Crawford (left) adds. "I had water-balloon tits and I was gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous. But, if I could go back give myself advice, I’d say, ‘Maybe just a bit more contouring.’”
- Backlash Continues: Angie's List Cancels Indiana Expansion
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- After Indiana, 23 More States Could Pass Discrimination Bills
- 6 Bad Behaviors for HIV-Positive People
- Is It Time for These Indiana Events to Relocate?
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'