NYC Subway Harassers Strike on Pride Weekend
BY Michelle Garcia
July 03 2013 4:56 PM ET
Two men were recorded making homophobic comments, assaulting, and harassing other train riders on the evening of the LGBT Pride festival in New York City over the weekend.
A bystander on a Queens-bound F train recorded the altercation Sunday, as the men fought with a group of LGBT youth who entered the train around 11:45 p.m.
According to the person who uploaded the video to YouTube, before the group boarded the train, she heard the men say, "Today was a scary day for me. There were fags everywhere." One of them told the teens that if they were in Iran, they would be killed. After they threatened to rape the young men, the bystander started recording.
When one of the men lunged at the woman recording the altercation, she pulled the emergency brake, prompting the train to stop. After her dustup with them, she was left with scratches and bruises. Another young woman fought with the harassers, and one of them placed his hand around the young woman's neck.
Both harassers fled the train at the Roosevelt Avenue stop.
- Current Issue Experts Predict: Iran Will Remain Deadly 1 hour 13 min ago
- Transgender How New Immigration Detention Guidelines Fail Trans Inmates 1 hour 21 min ago
- Travel Destination of the Week: Denmark March 13 2014 7:41 PM
- Women WATCH: Daughter Teaches Mom Lesbian Slang March 13 2014 7:27 PM
- Women What do the OINTB Season 2 Promo Pics Mean for the Ladies of Litchfield? March 13 2014 7:14 PM
- Women BREAKING: Father of Murdered Texas Lesbian Arrested March 13 2014 6:34 PM
- Travel Directors, Reality Housewives and the Sad Story of WeHo's 'Death Corner' March 13 2014 5:33 PM