PHOTOS: New Exhibit Highlights Diversity of LGBT Families
BY Alex J Davidson
November 12 2013 6:00 AM ET
Photo by David Sweet
Center director Dave Christensen says the project is something he has wanted to do for a long time.
“I thought it would embrace the spirit of Harvey and combine photography and our community together in a more personal and intimate photography exhibit,” he says. “As we all know, we do choose and create family outside of our blood families, and these are equally vital to everyone’s well being and lives. It’s spot on with what Harvey would have embraced, and I was honored to direct and curate this exhibit with our hardworking staff and volunteers.”
The exhibit portrays the breadth and depth of the term family in the LGBT community. Even though marriage equality is sweeping the country, not all families have access to marriage, and some choose other arrangements that best suit their needs.
- Fox's Newest Cop Comedy Is Quietly Breaking Ground
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Anne Rice Announces New Vampire Chronicles Novel
- Is Mr. Peabody & Sherman About Adoption by Gays?
- Trans Woman Sues CrossFit After Being Told to Compete in Men's Division
- WATCH: Gay Man's Grandfather Came Out to Him at 90 Years Old
- Travel PHOTOS: Miami's Winter Party Combines Skin, Philanthropy 23 min 6 sec ago
- Television Fox's Brooklyn Nine-Nine Quietly Breaks Ground 28 min 46 sec ago
- Couples/Personal Finances The Financial Effects of DOMA: Ushering in a New Year Money Minute 1 hour 29 min ago
- Arts & Entertainment Opera Director Gerard Mortier Dies at 70 1 hour 43 min ago
- Television MTV's Awkward Adds 2 New Gay Characters 2 hours 4 min ago
- Print Issue The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender 6:01 AM
- Current Issue Editor’s Letter: April/May Issue 5:01 AM