Ladies, Are You Ready for Michfest?
BY Clea Kim
April 10 2013 5:00 AM ET
A six-day ticket gets festivalgoers access to 36 performances. The festival also offers three vegetarian meals a day, woodland camping, hundreds of workshops, a film festival, DJ’d dances, sports (basketball, volleyball, a 5K run), three child-care camps, shuttle transportation, first aid, peer counseling and support, resources for disabled women, and sign language interpretation. But you'll have to do some work too; all women on the land chip in, even crush-worthy entertainers like JD Samson (above).
- Op-ed: The Far-Reaching Consequences of Dating App Racism
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- Folk Singer Janis Ian: Bill Cosby Blackballed Me From TV as a Teen
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Katelynn on Caitlyn: I Am Cait Through the Eyes of TV's First Trans Reality Star
- The 13 Biggest Trolls in Media