Ladies, Are You Ready for Michfest?
BY Clea Kim
April 10 2013 4:00 AM ET
A six-day ticket gets festivalgoers access to 36 performances. The festival also offers three vegetarian meals a day, woodland camping, hundreds of workshops, a film festival, DJ’d dances, sports (basketball, volleyball, a 5K run), three child-care camps, shuttle transportation, first aid, peer counseling and support, resources for disabled women, and sign language interpretation. But you'll have to do some work too; all women on the land chip in, even crush-worthy entertainers like JD Samson (above).
- WATCH: The 12 Gayest Holiday Spectaculars Ever!
- 13 Classic Companies Top HRC's New Corporate Equality Index
- These Couples Prove Love Is Love
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- Op-ed: What I Didn't Learn in Catholic School
- Mass. Lt. Gov. Candidate Backs Marriage Equality; Conservatives Object
- Media PHOTOS: Adam Lambert, Jane Lynch, Chris Colfer, Fergie at TrevorLIVE Benefit 22 min 29 sec ago
- Women New Family Ties: Meredith Baxter Marries Nancy Locke 2 hours 2 min ago
- Travel Spider-Man Will Welcome In 2014 In Times Square 2 hours 11 min ago
- Election Is Marriage Equality Still Politically Dangerous, Even in Mass.? 2 hours 54 min ago
- Entertainment News Tig Notaro Nominated for Best Comedy Album 6:08 PM
- HIV & AIDS Republican Pol: Gays Want Free Medical Care Because of AIDS 6:04 PM
- Parenting Israel Again Deals Gay Couples, Families Legislative Setback 4:10 PM