11 Amazing Young Queer Artists You Should Know
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
November 04 2013 1:13 PM ET UPDATED: November 04 2013 3:36 PM ET
Xeňa Stanislavovna Semjonová
Xeňa Stanislavovna Semjonová is a poet, artist, and translator originally from Slovakia, now living in New York. Semjonová has performed in venues such as the Poetry Project, Dixon Place, Interstate Projects, Bowery Poetry Club, Michelle Tea’s RADAR, Panpoly Performance Laboratory, SPECTRUM NYC, Strange Maine, the Lynn Redgrave Theater, Page 22 Poetry Parlor, Happy Endings, GRRRLS on FILM, the Leslie-Lohman Museum, and many others. She is a Poets House 2013 Fellow and is the editor of What Now, an audio anthology of poetry. Her project SHE is upcoming as both a book and a performance in 2014.
Semjonová will be working on writings focused on trans voice and experience with her mentor, performance artist and musician Geo Wyeth.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin January 6
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- 14 Sexy Gifts for Your Slutty Friends
- WATCH: Partner of Sydney Siege Hero Remembers His 'Soulmate'