A Tribute to E. Lynn Harris
BY Advocate Contributors
July 20 2010 5:35 PM ET
I hesitate before I answer. It’s been six months since I’ve been touched, licked, or held in some strong man’s arms. Besides, three months ago I was promoted to vice president. I don’t have time to think about a man, especially not at a time like this. Our department is very busy with the upcoming Reality TV Awards.
“Look, I don’t think about it and neither should you,” I respond sarcastically. “Even though you are my best friend Ashley, I am not in your business and asking who you’re sexing.”
“Yeah, Chase, but I am not afraid to explore and have my sexual needs met either. I am certain yours need to be tended to,” she snaps.
“My only need is a man who is single, with no baby momma drama, or girlfriends lurking somewhere, and who has a good relationship with his mother, making a good living for himself, and not dependant on me. It’s really becoming difficult to find a successful black man with his own house, car, and money.”
Ashley sucks her teeth.
She is right. I do have needs, but I have been burned so many times I simply block out any desire to have sex. I mean, it’s normal for a thirty-eight year old man, right? I’m trying to remain abstinent.
Be faithful in prayer.
But, dear lord, I know one thing, my hormones are racing.
My loins are hungry.
My body is thirsty.
As much as I try to deny it, I need a man bad.
And, the new intern is working me over.
To purchase Visible Lives: Three Stories in Tribute to E. Lynn Harris click here.
- Game of Thrones Actor Kristian Nairn Reveals He's Gay
- Gay Tenn. 12-Year-Old Still Fighting the ‘Don’t Say Gay’ Bill He Helped Kill
- The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender
- Fox's Newest Cop Comedy Is Quietly Breaking Ground
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Is Mr. Peabody & Sherman About Adoption by Gays?
- Women WATCH: Houston's Lesbian Mayor Reveals 'The Gay Agenda' 3 min 31 sec ago
- Marriage Equality Oregon Republicans Support Marriage Equality 42 min 47 sec ago
- Uganda Ugandans Challenge 'Jail the Gays' Law in Court 49 min 7 sec ago
- Travel Melissa Etheridge Performing Russian Anthem at Toronto WorldPride 1 hour 12 min ago
- Television Game of Thrones Actor Kristian Nairn Reveals He's Gay 1 hour 21 min ago
- Youth Gay Tenn. 12-Year-Old Still Fighting the ‘Don’t Say Gay’ Bill 1 hour 28 min ago
- Uganda Op-ed: Uganda's Top Tabloid Isn't News, It's a Hit List 2 hours 10 min ago