A Tribute to E. Lynn Harris
BY Advocate Contributors
July 20 2010 4:35 PM ET
I hesitate before I answer. It’s been six months since I’ve been touched, licked, or held in some strong man’s arms. Besides, three months ago I was promoted to vice president. I don’t have time to think about a man, especially not at a time like this. Our department is very busy with the upcoming Reality TV Awards.
“Look, I don’t think about it and neither should you,” I respond sarcastically. “Even though you are my best friend Ashley, I am not in your business and asking who you’re sexing.”
“Yeah, Chase, but I am not afraid to explore and have my sexual needs met either. I am certain yours need to be tended to,” she snaps.
“My only need is a man who is single, with no baby momma drama, or girlfriends lurking somewhere, and who has a good relationship with his mother, making a good living for himself, and not dependant on me. It’s really becoming difficult to find a successful black man with his own house, car, and money.”
Ashley sucks her teeth.
She is right. I do have needs, but I have been burned so many times I simply block out any desire to have sex. I mean, it’s normal for a thirty-eight year old man, right? I’m trying to remain abstinent.
Be faithful in prayer.
But, dear lord, I know one thing, my hormones are racing.
My loins are hungry.
My body is thirsty.
As much as I try to deny it, I need a man bad.
And, the new intern is working me over.
To purchase Visible Lives: Three Stories in Tribute to E. Lynn Harris click here.
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- PHOTOS: 6 Couples Australia's High Court Says Aren't Married Anymore
- WATCH: The Best of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music
- WATCH: Right Wing Swoons Over Antigay Colo. Baker Ready to Go to Jail for Jesus
- Op-ed: Two and a Half Men Introduces Trans Character, Manages to Stay Respectful
- WATCH: Trailer for the Wachowskis' Jupiter Ascending Premieres Online
- Marriage Equality Australia's High Court Says These Couples Aren't Married December 11 2013 8:37 PM
- Women Meet Gender Scientist Anne Fausto-Sterling December 11 2013 7:42 PM
- Women WATCH: Michelle Chamuel Returns to The Voice with 'Go Down Singing' December 11 2013 7:10 PM
- Politics Mich. Governor Condemns RNC Member's Latest Antigay Remark December 11 2013 7:01 PM
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Right Wing Swoons Over Antigay Baker December 11 2013 6:45 PM
- Travel What Airline Scored 100% on HRC's Corporate Equality Index? December 11 2013 6:44 PM
- Entertainment News The Queer Quotient at the SAG Awards December 11 2013 6:03 PM