Bookshelf: Healing Reading
BY Winston Gieseke
December 22 2011 5:00 AM ET
Overcoming Trauma Through Yoga: Reclaiming Your Body by David Emerson and Elizabeth Hopper
Whether trauma stems from an accident, abuse, or even war, survivors often underestimate the profound wounds caused by feelings of betrayal by a body that failed to protect them. David Emerson and Elizabeth Hopper write that a connection between mind and body must be made before one can fully recover from traumatic circumstances — and this connection, they believe, can come from a distinctive style of trauma-sensitive yoga that allows survivors to heal the relationship between their inner and outer beings through breath, movement, and mindfulness. North Atlantic Books, $19.95
- Backlash Continues: Angie's List Cancels Indiana Expansion
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- After Indiana, 23 More States Could Pass Discrimination Bills
- Is It Time for These Indiana Events to Relocate?
- 6 Bad Behaviors for HIV-Positive People
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'