Memories of JFK From His Gay Best Friend
BY Advocate Contributors
November 22 2013 5:00 AM ET
Jack, Lem, and Dunker, the dog they bought on their European tour in 1937
“Jack and Lem failed to make any friends in Germany, unlike in the other countries they visited, except one — Dunker, a lovable Dachshund that they ran into on their way to Nuremberg. ... Both Jack and Lem were crazy about dogs and soon fell totally in love with little Dunker. They always remembered him as the nicest German they ever met.” (Page 64)
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet