BY Brandon Voss
March 25 2011 3:20 PM ET
1. MUSIC: 8 Songs About a Girl, Deep Dark Robot
What’s up with lesbian songwriter-producer and former 4 Non Blondes singer Linda Perry? Joined by Fatso Jetson drummer Tony Tornay to form a band that would make Hole jealous and nervous, she’s based an essential breakup album on a rocky relationship with an ex-girlfriend. On snarling tracks like “It Fucking Hurts” and “Fuck You, Stupid Bitch,” Perry is a broken doll, fitfully mended by reveling in the anger and stinging pain.
- 10 Tips on Growing Older for LGBT People Under 40
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- Leslie Jordan Banishes Antigay Starbucks Patrons: 'Get Out of My House!'
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Trans Woman Dares Bible-Quoting Councilman to Stone Her to Death