BY Brandon Voss
May 13 2011 5:50 PM ET
10. MUSIC: Matthew Morrison, Matthew Morrison
Morrison’s adult-pop debut is just what one might expect from a straight Broadway vet on Glee, the gayest show on TV. Highlights include his stirring duet with Elton John on “Mona Lisas and Mad Hatters/Rocket Man,” a ukulele-strumming spin on “Somewhere Over the Rainbow” with Gwyneth Paltrow recalling Kamakawiwo'ole’s classic version, and somber album-closer “It’s Over,” which he cowrote with Hairspray’s Marc Shaiman.
9. BOOK: Donovan’s Big Day, Lesléa Newman
The latest children’s book from the writer of Heather Has Two Mommies is the perfect gift for gay parents, especially those readying to tie the knot. In this beautifully illustrated story, little Donovan’s two moms are getting married — though the gay angle is actually a surprise twist at the end — and he’s so excited to be the ringbearer at the wedding. What changes for Donovan after the ceremony? Nothing, and that’s exactly the point.
8. DVD: No Strings Attached, The Other Woman, The Roommate, The Mechanic
Check out the gay characters in these new mainstream releases: No Strings Attached has gay dads and Chelsea Lately’s Guy Branum as a gay pal; Rent’s Anthony Rapp plays Natalie Portman’s gay confidante in out filmmaker Don Roos’s The Other Woman; Leighton Meester kisses Danneel Harris’s lesbian fashionista in The Roommate; and The Mechanic has a killer fight scene between Ben Foster and Jeff Chase as a gay hit man.
- PHOTOS: International Mr. Leather Weekend
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- Poised for Perfection: Sgt. Shane Ortega Puts a Face to the Transgender Military Ban
- #TBT: Selling the Male Body
- Polls Show Ireland Still Likely to Vote Yes on Marriage
- North Carolina Governor to Veto Antigay Measure