BY Brandon Voss
May 13 2011 5:50 PM ET
10. MUSIC: Matthew Morrison, Matthew Morrison
Morrison’s adult-pop debut is just what one might expect from a straight Broadway vet on Glee, the gayest show on TV. Highlights include his stirring duet with Elton John on “Mona Lisas and Mad Hatters/Rocket Man,” a ukulele-strumming spin on “Somewhere Over the Rainbow” with Gwyneth Paltrow recalling Kamakawiwo'ole’s classic version, and somber album-closer “It’s Over,” which he cowrote with Hairspray’s Marc Shaiman.
9. BOOK: Donovan’s Big Day, Lesléa Newman
The latest children’s book from the writer of Heather Has Two Mommies is the perfect gift for gay parents, especially those readying to tie the knot. In this beautifully illustrated story, little Donovan’s two moms are getting married — though the gay angle is actually a surprise twist at the end — and he’s so excited to be the ringbearer at the wedding. What changes for Donovan after the ceremony? Nothing, and that’s exactly the point.
8. DVD: No Strings Attached, The Other Woman, The Roommate, The Mechanic
Check out the gay characters in these new mainstream releases: No Strings Attached has gay dads and Chelsea Lately’s Guy Branum as a gay pal; Rent’s Anthony Rapp plays Natalie Portman’s gay confidante in out filmmaker Don Roos’s The Other Woman; Leighton Meester kisses Danneel Harris’s lesbian fashionista in The Roommate; and The Mechanic has a killer fight scene between Ben Foster and Jeff Chase as a gay hit man.
- Film Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW March 08 2014 8:15 PM
- Religion Archbishop of NY Applauds NFL Hopeful Michael Sam for Coming Out March 08 2014 6:04 PM
- Love and Sex Sexually Explicit Videos No Longer Allowed on Vine March 08 2014 2:06 PM
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return March 08 2014 7:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith March 08 2014 5:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 8:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 8:25 PM