20 Best New Green Tech Products
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
April 19 2012 4:00 AM ET
Ditch the Empty Passenger Seats
There are almost 300,000 empty seats commuting to work each day, which is why it’s easy to adore the Smart Fortwo by Mercedes, a micro two-seater that’s 85% recyclable, gets 38 MPG in the gas version and 87 MPG in the electric version, and even offers an optional Smartshift transmission with automatic (for ease) and manual (for fun) modes. $13,000, SmartUSA.com
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- WATCH: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Sees 'No Crying Need' for SCOTUS to Take Up Marriage
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: As Marriage Equality Spreads, Judge Rules NOM Can't Recoup $700K in Legal Fees
- Obama: Constitution 'Does Guarantee Same-Sex Marriage in All 50 States'
- BREAKING: Wyo. Won't Appeal Marriage Equality