New Trailer and Posters for the Wachowskis’ Jupiter Ascending Released
BY Patrick Yacco
March 27 2014 2:02 PM ET
Warner Bros. has debuted a second trailer for the Wachowskis’ upcoming space adventure film Jupiter Ascending. The company has also revealed posters of its lead actors, Channing Tatum and Mila Kunis. Tatum portrays Caine, a "genetically engineered ex-military hunter," who is sent to rescue Jupiter Jones (Kunis) and fulfill her destiny "as next in line for an extraordinary inheritance." The film also stars Sean Bean (Game of Thrones) as an ally of Caine’s and Eddie Redmayne as Balem the King.
The film is directed by the Wachowski siblings and was shot at various locations around the world, including their hometown of Chicago.
Lana Wachowski was recently recognized by Equality Illinois, a statewide LGBT organization, for her commitment to queer visibility. She received a similar award from the Human Rights Campaign in 2012.
Jupiter Ascending is scheduled for release in the United States July 18,.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Boys Wear Skirts to Class in Protest After School Fines Trans Girl for Wearing Skirt
- WATCH: Finding the Funny in "Ex-Gay" Marriages and a Queerpocalypse
- India Gets First Transgender TV News Anchor
- Op-ed: Gay Voice Is Ruining Lives
- Ugandan LGBT-rights Activist Granted Asylum