New Trailer and Posters for the Wachowskis’ Jupiter Ascending Released
BY Patrick Yacco
March 27 2014 2:02 PM ET
Warner Bros. has debuted a second trailer for the Wachowskis’ upcoming space adventure film Jupiter Ascending. The company has also revealed posters of its lead actors, Channing Tatum and Mila Kunis. Tatum portrays Caine, a "genetically engineered ex-military hunter," who is sent to rescue Jupiter Jones (Kunis) and fulfill her destiny "as next in line for an extraordinary inheritance." The film also stars Sean Bean (Game of Thrones) as an ally of Caine’s and Eddie Redmayne as Balem the King.
The film is directed by the Wachowski siblings and was shot at various locations around the world, including their hometown of Chicago.
Lana Wachowski was recently recognized by Equality Illinois, a statewide LGBT organization, for her commitment to queer visibility. She received a similar award from the Human Rights Campaign in 2012.
Jupiter Ascending is scheduled for release in the United States July 18,.
- Tennessee Hardware Store Puts Up 'No Gays Allowed' Sign
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- Trans Woman Who Expanded Facebook's Gender Options Banned For Not Using 'Real Name'
- Girl Scouts Raise $100,000 in One Day After Dropping Transphobic Donor
- Booing Jennicet Was Wrong, But Was What She Did Worse?