New Trailer and Posters for the Wachowskis’ Jupiter Ascending Released
BY Patrick Yacco
March 27 2014 1:02 PM ET
Warner Bros. has debuted a second trailer for the Wachowskis’ upcoming space adventure film Jupiter Ascending. The company has also revealed posters of its lead actors, Channing Tatum and Mila Kunis. Tatum portrays Caine, a "genetically engineered ex-military hunter," who is sent to rescue Jupiter Jones (Kunis) and fulfill her destiny "as next in line for an extraordinary inheritance." The film also stars Sean Bean (Game of Thrones) as an ally of Caine’s and Eddie Redmayne as Balem the King.
The film is directed by the Wachowski siblings and was shot at various locations around the world, including their hometown of Chicago.
Lana Wachowski was recently recognized by Equality Illinois, a statewide LGBT organization, for her commitment to queer visibility. She received a similar award from the Human Rights Campaign in 2012.
Jupiter Ascending is scheduled for release in the United States July 18,.
- WATCH: Obama Bundler, HRC Founder Terry Bean Arrested on Sex Crimes Charges
- Smoke Signals' Gay Actor Turned Doctor Lands New Career-Defining Role
- 6 Bad Signs of a Good Relationship
- These 48 Trans Women and Men Changed the World
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Transgender Pioneer and Stone Butch Blues Author Leslie Feinberg Has Died