Queer-Casting the Next X-Men Movie
BY Brian Andersen
June 20 2014 7:00 AM ET
The bisexual Latino Rictor is a vibrating powerhouse. He can shake a building to its foundation all the while rocking a shirtless outfit. (Some hunky eye candy is always a welcome treat.) Fun fact: he made his comics debut in 1987 – making him a perfect fit for the timeframe in which X-Men: Apocalypse will be set. Also, Rictor and Shatterstar are one of Marvel’s main same-sex mutant couples. We can’t have one without the other.
Dream Casting: Tyler Posey
Posey is well known as the leader of the wolf pack in MTV’s homoerotic Teen Wolf series. He has the dreamy physique – and the dreamboat status – to bring Rictor to life. (And, frankly, we know many of you would love to see Posey getting hot and heavy with Redmayne on the big screen.)
- PHOTOS: Explore Genderqueer and Other Genders Beyond the Binary
- Mississippi Marriage Ban Struck Down
- Antigay Activist: Buy My 'No Such Thing as Gay' Book
- Smoke Signals' Gay Actor Turned Doctor Lands New Career-Defining Role
- Op-ed: The Decade Masturbation Burst Out of the Closet Before I Did
- Is the 'Not Gay No More' Guy for Real?