Hot Sheet: The Perks of Being Volatile
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 08 2013 3:24 PM ET
5. FILM: Side Effects
Careful not to spoil the plot, reviews of Stephen Soderbergh's Side Effects, in theaters now, are cagey about the gay-related details of the thriller starring Rooney Mara, Channing Tatum, and Jude Law. But this much we know: The psychological drama deals with mental health and the medical professionals who try to treat it by medicating away depression, suicidal ideation, and perhaps a few too many of protagonist Mara's understated feelings, resulting in a crime in which those implicated are morally murky at best. In a harsh review panning the film, NPR claimed the film "will not be winning any awards from gay rights groups." Watch the trailer below, and see if your gaydar pings at any of the characters.
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- World Goes Bonkers On Antigay Michigan Repairman
- WATCH: Gay Dream Team of Michael Urie, Randy Harrison in Such Good People
- RuPaul's Drag Race's Max: I Made a 'Grave Mistake'
- Op-ed: Leelah Alcorn 'Ciswashed' by the Media, White House
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers